Hikvision wins prestigious Benchmark Innovation Award
Hikvision, the leading supplier of innovative video surveillance solutions, has won the Video Surveillance Hardware category in the Benchmark Innovation Awards 2018.
The winning Hikvision product was the iDS-2CD8426G0/B-I DeepinView Dual-Lens Behaviour Analysis Camera, which uses cutting-edge deep learning algorithms to analyse human movement for improved safety inside buildings.
Technology magazine Benchmark holds its Innovation Awards every year. The 2018 Video Surveillance Hardware category was strongly contested, with Hikvision competing against four other providers for the title. Gary Harmer, Sales Director for Hikvision UK & Ireland says, “Innovation is at the heart of our business, driven by our extensive research and development. We’re thrilled that Benchmark recognises how the innovative features we deliver with the iDS-2CD8426G0/B-I make a real difference to the safety of our end customers.”
The features behind the winning camera
The iDS-2CD8426G0/B-I provides a broad range of cutting-edge features that are not found in typical indoor surveillance systems. Instead of just detecting moving targets, it uses deep learning, stereo imaging algorithms and high speed GPU processing to analyse human body movements. As a result, it can be used to identify a potential human threat or a personal safety issue in real time.
For example, the camera can identify when people have fallen down and this is gaining interest particularly among retail and healthcare organisations and for lone worker applications. Another feature is loitering detection, by setting up a specific distance within a defined region of interest, if a person’s movement exceeds the pre-set distance, an alarm will be triggered.
Innovation across the product range
The iDS-2CD8426G0/B-I is part of the broader Hikvision DeepinView series of cameras, which is designed to boost surveillance system performance across a range of security and management applications.
The Hikvision DeepinView series cameras offer features such as:
· Human body detection, which can detect human bodies while filtering out other movements, in order to reduce false alarms.
· Facial recognition, which uses facial image modelling and similarity calculation to alert system operators to the presence of persons of interest.
· People counting, which uses video analytics to track the number of people who enter and exit a particular area, enabling businesses to improve their profitability and site management.
· Illegal parking detection, the system user is able to set illegal parking zone or the maximum parking time, as long as the vehicle enters the zone, or its parking time surpass the limit, the camera is triggered to collect the evidence.
· Queue Detection, the camera is capable of providing real time alerts and historic information post event on queue waiting time, queue density, etc.
Find out more
To find out more about this award-winning product, please click HERE or https://www.hikvision.com/uk/Products/Network-Cameras/DeepinView/iDS-2CD8426G0/B-I .
To read more about Hikvision DeepinView cameras, please click HERE.
Hikvision is the world’s leading provider of innovative video surveillance products and solutions. Featuring the industry’s strongest R&D workforce, Hikvision advances core technologies of audio and video encoding, video image processing, and related data storage, as well as forward-looking technologies such as cloud computing, big data, and deep learning. In addition to the video surveillance industry, Hikvision extends its reach to smart home tech, industrial automation, and automotive electronics industries to achieve its long-term vision. Always creating value for its customers, Hikvision operates 38 regional subsidiaries all over the world to achieve a truly global presence. For more information, please visit us at www.hikvision.com.