Password and Firmware Overview
• Leaving factory-default, poorly chosen, or weak passwords in your camera or video recorder may result in unauthorized access or exploitation of your company resources.
• Change every password in every device occasionally. Old passwords can carry additional risk.
• Ensure all systems have the latest firmware.
• All users, including contractors and vendors with access to your company systems, should take appropriate steps to select and secure their passwords and update your firmware on your system.
Password and Firmware Steps
1. Make sure to have your device behind a firewall.
o Make sure that your firewall is updated with the latest firmware and that the default password is changed on your router.
o If you want to have your device work with a Hikvision or third-party online services, make sure to set up port-forwarding on your firewall.
2. Check if your system has the latest firmware. Here is a link to check if your product needs to be upgraded to the latest firmware.
3. After updating firmware, please restore factory default, and ensure that you have restarted your device.
4. Once the device is restarted, it will ask you to give a more secure password.
o Go through the process to secure your devices.
5. Now that you have updated your device please make sure to change your password regularly.
Additional Information and Resources
•Technical Bulletin: How to Activate Device for DVR, NVR and IP camera
•Video: How to upgrade NVR locally
•Video: How to upgrade IPC or NVR in web interface
Please visit the Security Center on our website for additional information and updates. Should you require additional support, please do not hesitate to contact our local technical support team or at firstname.lastname@example.org.