The job holder plays an important role in the company by drafting and reviewing legal documents related to the company's activities, providing legal guidance, dealing with the company's legal disputes and litigations, and ensuring that the company comply with laws and guidelines related to our business or other activities.
- Draft and review legal documents
a) Handle a range of commercial documents related to the company's sales, purchase and other activities from drafting through to negotiation and finalisation (including but not limited to: statements, contracts, or agreements etc.,) ensuring that the documents are both readable and enforceable and that they represent the company's best interests.
b) Assist in drafting new management procedures and policies and optimising the current ones.
- Deal with legal disputes
a) Responsible for solving labour disputes, contractual disputes, and other legal disputes.
- Provide legal guidance
a) Offers advice on legal matters, perform legal research, write reports from a legal perspective, and ensure the smooth legal operation of the company activities.
b) Provide legal training on local laws or regulations
c) Advise the business with regards to changes in legislation that may affect the company, its clients and the industry as a whole.
- Ensure Compliance
a) Liaise with various regulatory or government authorities, establish or maintain good relationships with the authorities.
b) Liaise and assist with various departments in order to establish and harmonise the compliance procedure to eliminate legal risks.
- BSc degree in Law or Master degree.
Required skills/ experience
- Relevant legal experience in a business environment, experience with a reputable law firm is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of UK & Ireland corporate and commercial law
- Good knowledge of data protection law
- Good knowledge and understanding of labor law and procedures is preferred
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Flexible and commercially minded with full comprehension of the effect external influences may have on the corporation
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written communication
- Ability to exercise independent and professional judgement within the business and commercial context
- Demonstrate the ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- Fluency in English
- Be able to travel to take part in meetings, trials, depositions and other legal proceedings.