Smart Thermal camera has explosive performance in GIT awards
Hikvision has won a GIT Security Award for its Thermal Explosion Proof Camera (DS-2TD2466T-25X). In a vote by GIT’s security professional readers, the product was hailed as winner in the ‘Fire and Explosion Protection’ category of the popular annual awards.
One focus of the awards is innovation in products – and the Hikvision camera does not disappoint. It uses a vanadium oxide uncooled focal plane sensor to deliver enhanced thermal image quality. It also uses a smart fire detection algorithm to identify potential fire risks by monitoring irregular temperature rises in a sensitive area. This can be critical in avoiding fire in scenarios such as warehouses and even rubbish tips that create methane.
The camera adopts 316L stainless steel material to meet the requirements of environments that have a risk of explosion, like chemical plants, oil depots and gas stations.
Other features include:
- Leading image processing technology: Adaptive AGC, DDE, NETD <40mk
- Powerful behavior analysis algorithm: Line crossing, Intrusion, Region Entrance & Exit
- Reliable temperature exception alarm function
- Advanced fire detection algorithm
- 640*512 resolution in the Thermal Imaging Module, with a high sensitivity sensor supporting contrast adjustment
- Support shutter adjustment in various modes
- 3D DNR, 15 palettes of color adjustable, image detail enhancement
Allen Xue, Hikvision DACH Area Manager, says: “We are honored to receive this award from GIT Security. The fact that this is the result of voting from GIT readers – representing our customers – makes it even more poignant. We pride ourselves on using our innovation to solve their problems, and this award is testimony to that goal.”