September 22, 2020 – Hikvision, an IoT solution provider with video as its core competency, has launched Hik-ProConnect, a cloud-based, convergent security solution with a suite of signature features and benefits.
With Hik-ProConnect, users can integrate Hikvision security devices to cover video, intrusion, access control, intercom, and more to address their security needs. Users can also authorise their professional security advisors to complete necessary system management, such as remote system health checks and maintenance.
"Today, millions of devices are being connected into networks, including cameras and other security equipment, making them parts of the IoT world. We believe the security industry is ready for a new type of cloud-based systems and services," said Frank Zhang, President of the International Product and Solution Center at Hikvision, "Hik-ProConnect addresses the needs of today’s security market, offering cutting-edge technologies, convergence, and straightforward system configuration and service delivery, greatly boosting users' security capabilities and providing increased efficiency and peace of mind."
Hik-ProConnect benefits includes:
- Reduced costs – Because the system is cloud-based, it can be deployed on-demand, with no server or local video management software (VMS) needed, which means no large upfront investment. Through the Hik-ProConnect’s unified web portal, devices can be added in batches and configured quickly, reducing installation time and costs.
- Continuous system up-time – Users who incorporate and authorise Remote System Management and Health Monitoring will enjoy an always-on system supported by professional security advisors. The Hik-ProConnect portal can identify and resolve device failures, communications loss, and other issues remotely and efficiently. Users are automatically notified of the latest updates via their mobile devices.
- Flexible linkage across devices – Hik-ProConnect brings disparate devices together in a holistic security solution, expanding performance and value for users. This goes above and beyond conventional systems of disparate elements. Integration of devices provides users with flexible rule-setting for event types, time schedules, and triggered actions. Examples of device linkage include merging intercom calls and intrusion or access events with video verification. The result is a solution that improves situational awareness, enhancing safety for people and property.
- Easy access using mobile devices – Users can access and manage their connected devices with one login and on one platform from anywhere, at any time. The solution supports a web-based portal and mobile app.
- Guaranteed system security – Hik-ProConnect employs industry-leading standards and protocols for maximum security and reliability. Security measures include the TLS protocol for private and secure data transmission, a user-defined AES encryption key for stream encryption, and more.
Hik-ProConnect is an ideal security solution for small and medium-sized businesses and residential applications including, apartments, homes, factories, chain stores, and offices. For further information about Hik-ProConnect features and value-added services, please visit our Hik-ProConnect page.