Hikvision Trademarks and Copyrights Guidelines
Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. and its affiliates (“Hikvision”) value its trademarks and copyrights to make sure its business partners and other third parties use them appropriately with due care. Hikvision requires the above-mentioned parties to use Hikvision trademarks and copyrights in accordance with the Hikvision Trademarks and Copyrights Guidelines.
These guidelines are applicable to for Hikvision’s authorized distributors, resellers, customers, developers, media contacts, and any other parties wishing to use Hikvision trademarks, logos, marks, images, or any other copyrighted materials in any way, whether it is in digital or printed form. Any way of using Hikvision trademarks or copyrighted materials without written consent of Hikvision may constitute intellectual property infringement and unfair competition.
1. Usage of Hikvision Trademarks
Hikvision maintains a portfolio of trademarks such as “HIKVISION”/“海康威视 ”, which take various forms and may include names, logos, designs, images, slogans, colors, product shapes, product packaging, sound, video, etc. See the Hikvision Visual Identity Guidelines for the detailed design standards of Hikvision trademarks.
1.1 Authorized usage of Hikvision trademarks
- The Hikvision trademarks are among our most important intellectual properties. Generally, without written consent from Hikvision, you are not allowed to use Hikvision trademarks.
- If you are an authorized distributor, reseller, customer, or other relevant party of Hikvision, you shall abide by the sales contract or other relevant agreement between your company and Hikvision in using Hikvision trademarks, and conduct relevant design work in accordance with the Hikvision Trademarks and Copyrights Guidelines and the Hikvision Visual Identity Guidelines.
1.2 Unauthorized usage of Hikvision trademarks
Certain activities may constitute infringement or dilution of Hikvision trademarks, which are not permitted by Hikvision. Please review the following list of ways to avoid unauthorized usage of Hikvision trademarks:
Without written consent by Hikvision,
- Do not use or register any of Hikvision trademarks or product/solution/technology names as all or part of your company name, trade name, trademark, product or service name. The same is applicable for using the names confusingly similar to Hikvision trademarks or product/solution/technology names.
Examples of inappropriate names include Hikvision Security Camera, Hikvision AI Solutions, Hikvision Exclusive Partner, Hikvision China, Hikvision US Distributor, Hikvision Africa Dealer, etc.
- Do not use any of Hikvision trademarks or product/solution/technology names in a manner that is likely to give the impression of (or imply) an affiliation or association between you, your products or services, and Hikvision, or any of its products, services, programs, materials, or other offerings.
- Do not use Hikvision trademarks on a product or on marketing materials for a product that contains nothing or only a part manufactured or developed by Hikvision. Nevertheless, you may advertise which part of the product comes from Hikvision.
- Do not use Hikvision trademarks on any commercial or non-commercial items such as office supplies, business cards, ID badges, apparel, souvenirs, etc.
- Do not remove, alter, distort, or translate Hikvision trademarks on a Hikvision product or on marketing materials for a product of Hikvision.
- Do not use Hikvision trademarks in a manner that is likely to dilute, defame, disparage, or harm the reputation of Hikvision.
2. Usage of Hikvision Copyrighted Materials
Without written consent from Hikvision, you may not make any unauthorized reproduction or engage in distribution of Hikvision copyrighted materials, which include, but are not limited to, materials such as publications, text, images and photos, videos, web content, and software published by Hikvision in any format. Please review the following list of ways to avoid unauthorized usage of Hikvision copyrighted materials:
Without written consent from Hikvision,
- Do not directly or indirectly reproduce or copy Hikvision copyrighted materials or any part of those materials.
- Do not directly or indirectly modify Hikvision copyrighted materials or create derivative works of those materials.
- Do not imitate the color or visual appearance of Hikvision copyrighted materials or Hikvision products.
- Do not use any graphical design element of Hikvision copyrighted materials as all or part of the graphical design elements of your materials.
- Do not create materials that look as though they originate from or are endorsed by Hikvision.
- Do not distribute Hikvision copyrighted materials by sale, rental, or other disposition.
3. Online Usage of Hikvision Trademarks and Copyrighted Materials
To prevent new means of intellectual property infringement via the Internet, Hikvision requires business partners and other parties to follow the best way to communicate and cooperate in cyberspace while ensuring adequate protection for Hikvision trademarks and copyrighted materials.
3.1 Domain name, meta-tags, and hyperlink/deeplink
- Do not use the name of Hikvision or any other Hikvision trademark as all or part of a domain name.
Examples of inappropriate domain names include www.hikvisioncameras.com, www.hikvisionreseller.com, www.hikvision.org, etc.
- Without written consent from Hikvision, do not use the name of Hikvision or any other Hikvision trademark in the meta-tags of your website.
- Do not use a hyperlink or deeplink (bypasses homepage and brings visitors directly to an interior page) to present the work created by Hikvision as your own, but use a hypertext linking to the Hikvision website. If you clearly indicate that the visitor will exit your website and enter the Hikvision website, you may use a hyperlink linking to the Hikvision website.
3.2 Email address and signature
- Without written consent from Hikvision, do not use the name of Hikvision or any other Hikvision trademark as all or part of an email address.
Examples of inappropriate email addresses include email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc.
- Without written consent from Hikvision, do not use Hikvision trademarks or copyrighted materials as all or part of an email signature.
3.3 Website and social media content
- Without written consent from Hikvision, do not use the name of Hikvision or any other Hikvision trademark as all or part of your social media account name, and do not use the logo of Hikvision as the headshot of your social media accounts.
Examples of inappropriate social media account names include “Hikvision Security Camera”, “Hikvision AI Solutions”, “Hikvision Exclusive Partner”, “Hikvision China”, “Hikvision US Distributor”, “Hikvision Africa Dealer”, etc.
We suggest you use the name and the logo of your own company for the social media account names or headshots of your own company.
Examples of suggested social media account names include “ABC Security”, “ABC Security – Hikvision Africa Authorized Distributor” (only when you are truly an authorized distribution of Hikvision in the region/country), etc.
- Without written consent from Hikvision, do not use Hikvision copyrighted materials or create new content based on Hikvision copyrighted materials as all or part of your online content displayed on your website or social media account, which may include graphical design, illustration, color scheme, visual appearance, etc.
- Do not use Hikvision trademarks or copyrighted materials on your website or social media account in a manner that is likely to dilute, defame, disparage, or harm the reputation of Hikvision.
3.4 Framing and Re-hosting
- Without written consent from Hikvision, do not frame any Hikvision website, webpage or content without written consent from Hikvision. (Framing is an alternative form of linking that allows a visitor to view a linked webpage within a frame in the original website.)
- Without written consent from Hikvision, do not re-host any Hikvision webpages, applications, or content without written consent from Hikvision. (Re-hosting is presenting a copy of the original website and having that copy resides on another server.)
4. Remediation and Inquiry
4.1 Hikvision reserves the right to investigate and affix legal liability to the entity in violation with any terms of the Hikvision Trademarks and Copyrights Guidelines.
4.2 If you think you or your company has committed a violation of any terms of the Hikvision Trademarks and Copyrights Guidelines, you may correct relevant misconduct immediately, including remove all the inappropriate content.
4.3 If you have questions about the usage of Hikvision trademarks and copyrights, please contact your Hikvision representative or visit the official websites of Hikvision: https://www.hikvision.com/cn/lxwm_375.html (for the issues in the Chinese Mainland); https://www.hikvision.com/en/Corporate/Contact-Us (for the issues outside the Chinese Mainland).