Last Updated: January 2022
If the personal information you submitted to us contains other individuals' information, you represent and warrant that you have obtained the approval of such individuals.
This Policy may be modified from time to time and will be posted on this page. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the date it was "Last Updated" above.
By accessing and using related HIKVISION Sites, you acknowledge that you have carefully read this Policy and have agreed to HIKVISION's process of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
What Information We Collect
When you use the HIKVISION Sites, HIKVISION may collect certain personal information about you as described in this Policy. As permitted by applicable laws or after obtaining your prior consent, we may further collect personal information that is necessary for your use of the services from third parties.
For the purpose of this Policy, "personal information" shall have the same meaning as "personal data" and shall include any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("data subject"); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity. Examples of personal information include your name, telephone number, e-mail address, and physical address.
"Personal information" also includes information that alone cannot directly identify you, but with other information we have access to can identify you such as product serial numbers, log data that automatically records information about your visit such as your browser type, domains, page views, the URL of the page that referred you, the URL of the page you next visit, your IP address, and page navigation, unique device ID collected from Products and your mobile devices, data from cookies, pixel tags, and Web beacons, video content files that do not contain personal visual identity information, the country and time zone of the connected Product, geo-location, mobile phone carrier identification, and device software platform and firmware information.
How We Collect and Use Your Information
Personal information may be either provided directly by you or collected by HIKVISION.
Depending on your use of the HIKVISION Sites, here are some examples of the personal information we may collect:
- When you visit the HIKVISION Sites, we may collect the traffic data, e.g. IP address and information through cookies, including the visitor volume, access time, and user preference;
- When you apply for a position in HIKVISION or look for cooperation with HIKVISION, you may provide your resume and/or your contact information;
- When you respond to our e-mails, contact our customer service, or use other customer support tools, we collect your information to provide you with support, verify your identity with your Account profile information, and confirm your Product;
We may also use the information we collect for the following purpose:
- to send you reminders, technical notices, updates, alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, and requested information;
- to meet a legal obligation, a court order or other binding decision(s);
- pursuant to our legitimate business interests;
-to respond to your inquiries;
-to evaluate your application for a position;
-to perform the agreement that we have with you;
-to increase the safety of our HIKVISION Sites– for example, for user authentication, security protection, fraud detection, filing, and backups;
-to operate, maintain, improve, and develop our HIKVISION Sites through internal audits, data analysis, and research;
-to personalize your experience with our HIKVISION Sites;
-to qualify and manage business partners and communicate or work with business partners;
with your express consent,
-to send you electronic communications in order to inform you about new products and services, unless you choose to unsubscribe;
-to use certain non-essential cookies to better understand user behaviour, in order to optimize user experience, perfect function design, and offers for products and services from us or to provide better services; or
-to accomplish a purpose unrelated to those described in this Policy by first notifying you and, where required, offering you a choice as to whether or not we may use your personal information in this different manner.
Cookies and Other Technologies
How We Share Your Information
HIKVISION does not sell any personal information to third parties and we never will.
HIKVISION limits access to your personal information on a need-to-know basis, and requires its employees to respect the confidentiality of your information and protect your information in accordance with this Policy.
HIKVISION may disclose personal information to cloud service provider, network service provider, and other service providers on the basis of non-disclosure agreements, with appropriate safeguards, and in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
- We share your personal information with HIKVISION affiliates, who are required to use that information in accordance with the purposes described in this Policy.
- We use service providers, vendors, technicians, and other third-parties to help us process, store, and protect some of your data and otherwise help us administer our HIKVISION Sites effectively, provide a better user experience, process your purchases, and increase the quality of our HIKVISION Sites. These third-parties are forbidden from using your personal information for non-HIKVISION purposes and are required to protect your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable laws.
- We may provide information to third-parties if we believe in good faith that we are required by mandatory law to do so. For example, to comply with legal orders and government requests; response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts; to protect the interests of our customers and users of the HIKVISION Sites; to respond to claims that any content posted or displayed using the HIKVISION Sites violates the rights of third parties; in an emergency protect the health and safety of users of the HIKVISION Sites or the general public; or to enforce compliance with our Terms of Service.
- If HIKVISION and/or all or part of our assets are ever sold or transferred, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred. Under such circumstance, we will notify you by the e-mail address specified in your Account or by means of notice on ca.hikvision.com and associated websites of (i) the identity and contact information of the purchaser or transferee, (ii) your right to revoke your consent to the provision of personal information, and (iii) the means by which you may revoke such consent.
- We share information to protect our own legitimate business interests when we believe in good faith that we are required or permitted by law to do so. For example, we may share your personal information as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; to combat fraud or criminal activity; to protect our rights or those of our affiliates and users; or as part of legal proceedings affecting HIKVISION.
We may also disclose non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized data) publicly or with third-parties, provided those data have been rendered anonymous in such a way that the data subject is no longer identifiable. For example, we may share non-personal information:
- for the same reasons we might use or share personal information; or
- to our vendors for their own analysis and research.
How We Store and Secure Your Personal Information
HIKVISION stores your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes stated in this Policy, unless otherwise extending the retention period is requested by the user or permitted by applicable law. The data retention period may vary with scenario, product, and service. When determining the retention period, HIKVISION may consider the time required to retain personal information to fulfill business purposes, whether you agree to a longer retention period, and whether the laws, contracts, and other equivalences have special requirements for date retention, etc.
HIKVISION has implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard personal information. We also conduct periodic reviews and assessments of the effectiveness of our security controls.
Notwithstanding the above, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, HIKVISION cannot guarantee that your personal information is under absolute security with the existing security technology.
HIKVISION generally stores your personal information on HIKVISION's servers, which is established upon Amazon Servers, until you delete or edit it, or for as long as you remain a HIKVISION Account user in order for HIKVISION to provide you with the most relevant offers.
Keeping your personal information current helps ensure that we provide you with the most relevant offers. You can access, update, or delete your personal information via your Account profile. We are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, deactivating your account, and removing your active profile and data.
You have the right to object at any time and for reasons derived from your personal situation to our processing of your data on the legal grounds of "legitimate interest". If you exercise your right of objection, we will stop processing your data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your rights.
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purpose outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is requested or permitted by applicable law.
Social Community Features and Social Networks
Social Community Features
Our HIKVISION Sites may allow you to publicly post or share information, communicate with others, or otherwise make information accessible to others. Prior to doing so, please read our Terms of Service carefully. All the information you post, share, or communicate may be accessible to anyone with Internet access, and any personal information you include may be read, collected, and used by others.
Links to Other Websites
We may permit others to link to the HIKVISION Sites or to post a link to their website. We do not endorse these websites and are not responsible for other websites or their privacy practices. Please read their privacy policies before submitting information.
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and your preferences. However, you can limit the information you provide to HIKVISION as well as the communications you receive from HIKVISION through your Account preferences.
You will receive commercial e-mails from HIKVISION only if you have granted prior express consent or if sending those e-mails is otherwise permitted, in accordance with applicable laws.
You may choose not to receive commercial e-mails from HIKVISION by following the instructions contained in any of the commercial e-mails we send or by logging into your Account and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial e-mail messages, we may still e-mail you non-commercial e-mails related to your Account.
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share certain device data with HIKVISION by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
HIKVISION does not intend that any portion of its HIKVISION Sites will be accessed or used by children under the age of 16 and such use is prohibited. Our HIKVISION Sites are designed and intended for adults. By using the HIKVISION Sites, you represent that you are at least 16 years old, and understand that you must be at least 16 years old in order to create an Account and purchase the goods or services advertised through our HIKVISION Sites. If we obtain actual knowledge that an Account is associated with a registered user who is under the age of 16 years old, we will promptly delete information associated with that Account. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 16 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at the contact information below in Contact Us. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 16 may review and request deletion of such child's personal information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
We transfer and process your information globally both in our own facilities and with service providers, or partners, regardless of where you use our HIKVISION Sites. The laws, regulations, and standards of the country in which your information is stored or processed may be different from those of your own country.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Policy.
Please provide: (i) your name (or nickname) and your preferred method of contact; and (ii) the details of your request or comment along with any corresponding HIKVISION Sites.
If you still have concerns, you have right to file a formal privacy complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commission of Canada.