How to enter the camera menu?
For analog cameras, you need to click on the Iris+ button or call Preset 95 to call up the camera menu.
No CVBS output from camera (IPC)
Some IP cameras support CVBS output, please go to Configuration – Image – Display settings – Other - Local Output to enable it.
Why is the camera’s image unclear?
Possible reasons and solutions:
Unmatched lens mount. There are two types of lens mount for box cameras,respectively are CS mount and C mount, the lens and camera must be matched with the same type.
Use Focus in / focus out to control the Clarity.
Check whether the lens or housing gets dirty.
In case of strong light condition, please select electronic iris as the lens type.
What phenomena might occur if lack of power supply?
Lack of power supply might cause phenomena as below:
ICR switches frequently
The camera’s image looks dark
Some ripples appear in the image.
The camera might reboot frequently
Why are there existing yellow spots in the image?
It’s caused by low color temperature.
Why does the image look clear at day-time but look out of focus in the evening?
The light is strong at day-time and the iris is small, the depth of filed becomes larger after focalizing. However, the iris becomes larger in the evening due to weak light and the depth of filed becomes smaller，leading to the object being monitored falling out of the depth of filed.
The solution is that, please kindly set the camera to electronic shutter mode when trying to focalize using automatic iris lens (the automatic iris would be the largest), then change back to automatic iris mode. Or try to focalize under low illumination condition.
Why is the picture blurry?
1. If it is the resolution problem, please kindly check whether it is the best resolution
2. If it is the lens quality problem, please kindly check whether there is any damage in lens, or whether there is fog, dust or other things which block light.
3. If it failed to focalize, please kindly try to adjust the lens or localize again, if there is no result, please kindly try to adjust the back focus ring.
4. If it is the first time to install the device please kindly check the lens interface. If it is a lens with C type mounting base, C/CS lens adapter ring should be used.
Why are there existing white spots in the picture?
1. If there is pollution in sensor, please ask the professionals for help.
2. If it is an IR camera, please kindly check whether the lens is close to shield, whether there is specular reflection near the lens.
3. There are bad dots in the camera. Analog camera could detect this using bad dots detection function.
1. White balance problem is related with color temperature, please select corresponding white balance mode.
2. Weak light transmission would results in noise which would cause image color distortion.
3. Over exposure results in white image which would cause image color distortion.
Why is there existing interference?
1. Please kindly check whether it exist some strong interference sources nearby.
2. Please kindly check whether the voltage is stable of the camera.
3. Please kindly check whether the camera has been grounded efficiently.
The problem of camera power supply
Power source selection.
The power supply should have lightning protection and leakage prevention measures, and safety ground is also required. The common types are AC 220V, AC 24V, DC 12V and DC 5V. Please be aware of which kind of power source is suitable for your device. DC regulated power supply should have purification function, its standard power should be 1.5 times greater than the total power of the system.
Wire diameter and the transmission distance: RVV2*1.0 power cord is recommended at close distance; RVV2*1.5 and above are recommended in remote distance.
Voltage attenuation: One power adapter shouldn’t power too many cameras at one time, otherwise it is easy to cause the voltage instability. DC power supply can be used directly at close range, if the devices are powered remotely (100 meters far and above), it is better to use AC power supply in the middle. Generally speaking, the AC 220V power supply is converted into DC power supply. If the transformer is close to the camera, the current consumption would be lower and the picture would be more stable. If the infrared camera uses DC power supply, the power must meet the maximum power consumption. In outdoor places, waterproof box should be added in order to protect the camera.
Case: vertical stripes caused by voltage decay.
Brief description of switch cable on TVI device
（2）Power Supply Cable
（1）C2 Serials: For example DS-2CE16C2T-IT3/IT5 could only support TVI video output. If there’s no video signal when connect the camera to back-end device, please check if the back end device was TVI DVR.
（2）C5 Serials: For example the default output of DS-2CE16C5T-IT3/IT5 is TVI. DS-2CE16C5T-IT3/IT5 also has the switch cable, if the switch cable was shorting circuits, the TVI output was disabled, and the device could only support CVBS output. The CVBS and TVI output could not work simultaneously. They could switch each other by switch cable.
（3）D5 Serials: For example the CVBS and TVI output of DS-2CE16D5T-IT3/IT5 which has switch cable could work simultaneously. The function of switch cable is to enable hardware WDR. When the Switch cable is shorting circuits, CVBS would be disabled.